The Famous British Butler Academy (BBA) is an award winning and exclusive Butler, Housekeeper & House Management school based in London, UK that travels worldwide to supply training courses for 5 Star Domestic Staff Settings and 5 Star Hotels. We are proud to offer our clients and candidates the most exclusive Butler training in the world. We train existing hotel staff, managers, Butlers and other staff to become top Butlers and/or House Managers or Estate Managers. We run courses in Hotels but also at Stately homes as well as in your own premises if you wish.
Why train with the British Butler training academy?
- Our Master Butler trainers and Housekeeper teachers are the finest and most experienced in the world. With over 200 years experience between the 8 of them, we offer a vast knowledge of the industry and domestic history of some of England’s and the rest of the world’s finest Stately Homes, Hotels and Estates. Our mission is to pass on to you or your staff, our knowledge of this wonderfully unique profession.
- Get ahead of the game with the British Butler Training Diploma new doors will open for you. You or your Staff will not only be seen as THE TOP Butlers in the world but your Hotel or Household will increase in Value and Prestige quickly.
- The British Butler Academy (BBA) and the certificate is well known worldwide and is acknowledged as THE best Butler training school in the world.
- Our Butler training offers the very highest private service that would be required by top society of today, managing and running their private residences and 5 star hotels and resorts.
- We tailor make your training. Offering short seminars of 2 days and the courses run from 1 week to 4 weeks in 5 star Hotels and Domestic Staff settings worldwide.
- Flexibility. You can come to us and either train in London and/or one of the stately homes we use or we can come to you.
- We fly to all the corners of the world with recent years mainly focusing on China, Middle East and South America.
- Our aim is for you or your Staff to come away as the PERFECT BRITISH BUTLER OR HOUSEKEEPER
Who trains with us?
- Five-star hotels and resorts turn to us for staff training, consultancy and recruitment.
- Butlers, Housemanagers, Estate Managers, Housekeepers, Service minded people
- Normal people with a service mind who wish to become qualified Butlers
- Anyone in the service industry who wishes to excel and become one of the best Butlers in the world
- For more information on the British Butler training course, please contact one of the Bespoke team on +442031670925 or email@example.com
What will I learn?
Bespoke Bureau’s Butler Academy offers 2 day intense Butler courses and Housekeeper courses as well as 1-4 week long courses tailor made to your needs. The courses are a great opportunity for domestic staff workers to refresh their skills and gain a professional qualification whilst liaising with other Housekeepers, House managers and Butlers. It is an intensive course that prepares you for the demanding job of working in both domestic and formal settings.
When on the course, you will learn the foundations of working as a Butler and Housekeeper such as Etiquette, Valeting, Silver Service, Butler service, Care of Antiques, Care of Fine Clothes, Presentation and Packing amongst many other subjects. It will not only help to prepare you for work as a housekeeper or butler but will also equip you with the skills to go above and beyond the call of duty at work as you will also learn how to train and recruit staff, manage rotas and deal with contracts.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded with a Certificate for each successfully completed module in addition to a final certificate detailing that you have completed the full course. A qualification from Bespoke Bureau’s prestigious Butler Academy is sure to propel you in your current career and put you ahead of others in your profession.
Our previous students have a very high success rate in finding employment upon successful completion of the course and those that were already in employment have reported a marked increase in their wage
The Butler and Housekeeper course is split into 4 modules which consist of:
Module 1: The Modern Household/House Management
– The Role of the Butler, Housekeeper and House Manager
– Greeting Guests
– General House Etiquette
– Personal Hygiene and Dress Code
– Employer Expectations/ Professionalism
– Cultural Difference and Communication
– House Rules
– House Security/Alarms
– Shopping and Deliveries
– Tools and Supplies
– Stock Keeping and Inventory
– Keeping a Log Book
– Time Management
– Hiring staff, the Agency Role, Contracts
– Staff Rota, Managing and Training of Staff
– Reporting to the Lady/Gentleman of the House
– Protection and Passwords
Module 2: Excelling as a Housekeeper, Laundry and Clothes Care
– Daily and Weekly Tasks
– Time Management and Prioritising Work
– The Cost of Fine Garments
– Drying Techniques
– Fabric Care
– Antiques and Fine Art
– Making Beds and Changing Sheets
– Turndown Service
– Polishing Furniture
– The Different Types of Flooring
– Vacuuming and Sweeping
– Cleaning the Bathroom
– Wardrobe Management
– Folding and Sorting Clothes
– Hand Washing Clothes
– Washing Silk
Module 3: Valeting
– Role of the valet and ladies maid
– Keeping in the Loop
– Presenting Clothes
– Planning the Day/Week
– Preparing for Travel
– How to Protect Clothes
– Packing a Suitcase
– Packing for a Guest
– Being a Professional
– Being Discreet
– Booking Travel and Restaurants
– Shopping for Clothes
– Buying and Subscribing to Newspapers
– Keeping an Eye Out
– Shoe Polish and Care
– PA/Concierge Work
Module 4: Service
– The Importance of Keeping up Appearances
– Understanding the Employer’s Wishes
– The Importance of Hygiene
– Food Hygiene
– Dealing with Guest Requests
– Dealing with a Difficult Client
– Dealing with a difficult Situation
– Setting a Table
– Table Presentation (Mise en Place)
– Flower Arrangement
– Keeping Glasses, Cutlery and Plates Polished
– Guest Arrival Etiquette
– Cloakroom Management
– Canapé Service Etiquette
– Serving Wine
– Serving Champagne
– Calling for Dinner
– Silver Service (English Service)
– Butler Service (French Service)
– Russian Service
– The Difference Between the Different Types of Service
– Keeping the Table and Cloth Clean
– Serving Coffee
– Guest Departure Etiquette
Contact the Butler and Yacht School
We would love to hear from you so call us today: +44 (0) 2031670925 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
More info about Bespoke Bureau and the British Butler Academy:
Based in the prestigious heart of London (Guildhall in the city) for the past 11 years and now a franchise, we pride ourselves to be considered “The World‘s and The UK’s Best Household Staffing Agency” amongst staff agencies
Bespoke Bureau specialises in the recruitment of household staff internationally including House/Estate Managers, Butlers, Housekeepers, Chefs, Nannies, Gardeners etc for palaces, mansions, estates, prestigious houses and yachts all over the world. We provide high calibre staff – professional, multi-functional, discreet and flexible.
Over the years we have built a strong relationship with domestic staff candidates and private NHW and other clients alike which has led to new opportunities that enable us to provide a more comprehensive service with our clients’ needs in mind.
For assistance and advice on all the services we offer, please contact us and we will be delighted to help you.
We are a leading domestic staff agency in London due to our dedication to providing our clients with dependable, thorough and professional household staff. We have built up an enviable reputation across London and can provide tailored household staff services to suit our clients’ private household staff requirements.
We only hire experienced domestic staff who can deliver the high standards required from our private employers. Our household staff agency will undertake a rigorous domestic staff recruitment process, as we carefully check their household employment history and references, as well as interviewing each candidate at great length to ensure they have the right professional attitude and personality to work in the domestic staff service in the UK and overseas.
All our domestic staff on our domestic agency’s database understand the importance of hard work and discretion, and are 100% committed to delivering an outstanding household work service on a daily basis.
As a leading household staff agency, we will work alongside you to ensure that all your needs are met. We can provide an array of domestic staff to suit your household, including:
- House Managers or Estate Managers
- Butlers for private homes or hotels
- Housekeepers, Head Housekeepers or Junior Housekeepers
- Gardeners and Handymen
- Nannies, tutors, au-pairs and Mother’s Helps
- Personal Assistants
- Chauffeurs and Private Drivers
- Private Chefs and Cooks
- Laundry Maids and ladies maids
- And more domestic staff
More info on: http://www.bespokebureau.com/
Many of our domestic staff employees can combine a number of the domestic staff roles upon request, but this will depend on the hours of employment required. As well as being a leading domestic agency in London, we can also provide domestic staff services across the UK and abroad/overseas.
For more information on our household staff agency and candidates, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sara Vestin Rahmani
Bespoke Bureau, Peek-a-boo and Cupcakes
Blackwell House | Guildhall Yard
Bank | London | EC2V 5AE
Bespoke: +44 (0) 2031670925
Peek-a-boo: +44 (0) 2031670926
Bespoke and Peekaboo in recent News:
Our new Exciting Yacht academy (Reuters News release film)
Russias main news station visits the residential Butler school
The Bespoke Bureau Butler school Reuters visit (6 mins news)
The Guardian does 5 pages on The Yacht Academy
The world news org reports on Bespoke Butlers
The Global Post interviews Sara Vestin on Butlers
Washington DC and Chinese CCTV’s Richard Bestik visits Peek-a-boo
Great British post on Butlers in China with Bespoke
Tokyo TV News on Bespoke Bureau
Channel 4’s Brunch gets a visit from our Head Butler
CBS This morning reports on Bespoke Bureau
Paris Match Magazine speaks to Peek-a-boo
Swedish Dagens industri and PS tells about our success
Hotelier Middle East reports on Bespoke Bureau
The times report on the Modern Butler
Al Arabia News on our Nannies and Butlers
Arabian Business News reports on our Mid East Demand
Australia’s courier mail on Bespoke Bureau
The Daily Telegraph in Australia on Sara Vestin and Bespoke
News.com in Australia reports on London’s Finest academy
Adelaide Now reports on Butler Trends
Australian News talks to The bespoke Bureau
Daily Mail reports on Bespoke Bureau
Metro London on Bespoke Bureau
Reuters TV pays a visit to our London Academy
New York based Alex Burton talks to Sara
Russian TVC news channel reports on the Butler School
CCTV in China visits the school
Spanish Elmundo reports on Bespoke
The Economist Oct 2012
Sky news Oct 2012
Independent Oct 2012
Bloomberg TV Jan 2012
BBC Breakfast Mar 2012
Butler trends in China
China’s demand from Bespoke Bureau
British Butlers on the rise
Sweden reports on their Native Sara and Bespoke
Women’s everything interviews Sara on her businesses
The Telegraph-Chinese Nannies in the rise
This blog and the information it contains is intended for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above and for no one else. The contents is confidential, legally privileged and/or protected by law. Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it is unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact us immediately on either of the numbers set out above. This email and any attachments have been scanned for viruses, but it is the responsibility of recipients to conduct their own security measures.