The British Butler Academy (BBA)
The Famous British Butler Academy (BBA) is an award winning and exclusive Butler, Housekeeper & House Management school based in London, UK that travels worldwide to supply training courses for 5 Star Domestic Staff Settings and 5 Star Hotels. We are proud to offer our clients and candidates the most exclusive Butler training in the world. We train existing hotel staff, managers, Butlers and other staff to become top Butlers and/or House Managers or Estate Managers. We run courses in Hotels but also at Stately homes as well as in your own premises if you wish.
Why train your staff with the British Butler Academy?
Like our name, The Bespoke Bureau reveals, we are a Bespoke company which means that we will tailor make a training program that suits your Hotel’s or Household needs.
- We offer 2 day to 4 week courses all over the world.
- We fly or travel to you or can train your staff here with us
- Our Master Butler trainers and Housekeeper teachers are the finest and most experienced in the world. With over 200 years experience between the 8 of them, we offer a vast knowledge of the industry and domestic history of some of England’s and the rest of the world’s finest Stately Homes, Hotels and Estates. Our mission is to pass on to you or your staff, our knowledge of this wonderfully unique profession.
- Get ahead of the game with the British Butler Training Diploma new doors will open for you. You or your Staff will be seen as THE TOP Butlers in the world and your Hotel or Household will increase in Value and Prestige quickly and accordingly
- The British Butler Academy (BBA) and the certificate is well known worldwide and is acknowledged as THE best Butler training school in the world.
- Our Butler training offers the very highest private service that would be required by top society of today, managing and running their private residences and 5 star hotels and resorts.
- We tailor make your training. Offering short seminars of 2 days and the courses run from 1 week to 4 weeks in 5 star Hotels and Domestic Staff settings worldwide.
- Flexibility. You can come to us and either train in London and/or one of the stately homes we use or we can come to you.
- We fly to all the corners of the world with recent years mainly focusing on China, Middle East and South America.
- Our aim is for you or your Staff to come away as the PERFECT BRITISH BUTLER OR HOUSEKEEPER
Who trains with the famous British Butler Academy?
- 5 Star hotels and resorts turn to us for staff training, consultancy and recruitment.
- Butlers, House Managers, Estate Managers, Housekeepers, Service minded people
- Normal people with a service mind who wish to become qualified Butlers
- Anyone in the service industry who wishes to excel and become one of the best Butlers in the world
Right now in the Domestic Staff market
There is a general misconception that Butlers are no longer sought after. We have a great waiting list of people and Hotels wanting to be trained by us and an even longer list of clients looking for qualified Butlers. Our typical client is either: a 5 Star Hotel, a HNW individual, celeb or high profile business person. The rich are hiring more and more and seem to have vast funds to spend. We, at the British Butler Academy find that alot of them are investing in further properties due to the low prices in Europe and they need more and more staff to care for these homes. There certainly is no visible downturn amongst our clientele. Although the UK economy is not booming, the Middle East and Asia are. Also we find an ever increasing trend with Russians seeking British butlers for their UK homes and homes overseas properties. Although the UK may not have the money here at the moment, we have unique and old traditions that are sought after overseas in countries where the economies are flourishing. Britain’s domestic staff and fine etiquette culture stretches back centuries. This culture is very exotic and uber trendy among the booming countries mentioned above.
Downton Abbey style British Butler Academy
We also find that tv shows such as Downton abbey and similar period dramas that are increasingly popular benefits our market. There is something special about the domestic staff hierarchy, vast country estates, riches and traditions that people with funds to pay for it can’t seem to resist. It goes with the territory of being rich and famous to have your own Butler and staff ‘underneath him/her’
History of the Butler
A butler is a domestic worker in a large household or a Hotel. A butler is historically male and in charge of male servants but these days he will often manage all staff, including the female staff. The butler had and still has the highest servant status and best pay. These days, in modern houses, we use titles such as house manager, estate manager and head of household staff. Modern day butlers are considered to be one of the most versatile domestic employees, as the role has evolved into a diverse range of quality services. The main role is a balance of management and liaison of services. The precise duties of the employee will vary to some extent in line with the title given, but perhaps more importantly in line with the requirements of the individual employer. Frequently a butler will assume a combination of roles, varying from head waiter, chef, valet, chauffeur to personal assistant, usually complimenting each role with ease and distinction. Consistent to all butler roles however, are the essential characteristics of refined discretion, dignity, perfection and excellence in service and standards. Today, female butlers are often required and make up for about 1/5 of the UK Butler population, ie 20% of the market. Bespoke Bureau has female Butlers that are very good.
To be defined a great Butler, a person either have a great wealth of work experience or formal education through butler schools for distinguished excellence.
A good butler will have knowledge of or possess the following skills:
• All types of Service including Silver, Butler, Russian etc.
• Hiring, managing, supervising and dismissing of domestic staff or Hotel Staff plus have a good knowledge of general housekeeping practices for guiding and training other staff. These should include: Care of antiques, Books , Curtains ,Pet care, Ceramics, Silver ,Food hygiene, Food preparation, Metalwork , Art work, Flowers, Table setting, Rugs, Linens, Houseplants, Menu Planning
• Keeping employee records and understanding HR and Recruitment structures
• Keeping household accounts and Budgets
• Stock control
• Liaising with contractors, suppliers and services
Our ethos at the British Butler Academy
A Bespoke Bureau Butler anticipates everything and overlook nothing. They instinctively know what to do and how to act in every situation. They are invisible yet always available. They know who to meet, how to greet and when to disappear. Friendly but not familiar; they are the soul of discretion. Never flustered, a Bespoke Bureau butler remains composed at all times and always dresses immaculately. His/her every move is intuitive.
Address of the British Butler Academy
City of London
Phone: +44 (0) 2031670925 or +442031670926