House Manager – an explanation on the role
The traditional House Manager
The role of the house manager has changed dramatically over the years. The traditional idea of a House Manager does still exist. However, that type of house manager role is more common in formal, foreign and traditional households. In such households the role includes duties of formal table service and service of drinks. The role would also include:
- care of the wine cellar
- cleaning of silver and care of fine antiques and art
- supervising other staff
- general management of the home.
The Modern House Manager
A modern House Manager sometimes needs to perform the above duties, plus so much more. However, most of our clients these days are often looking for multi-talented House Managers. They are looking for a house manager who is prepared to multi-task in all manner of areas. Today’s House Manager may also be required to act as Chauffeur, Personal Assistant, Cook and Events Organiser. He or she will be expected to manage the other staff also. In the countryside the House Manager, both traditional and modern, may also be expected to have knowledge and experience with shoots and care of guns, ability to organise a shooting weekend and manage the other staff involved with this.
Skills needed of House Manager
Butlers and Household Managers often need to:
- be highly computer literate
- be to speak a second language
- be able to travel with their employers
- run or work in multiple homes
- manage a fleet of staff
Are you looking for a House Manager?
Bespoke Bureau is here to help. Based in the prestigious heart of London (Guildhall in the city) for the past 11 years, we have 100’s of capable house managers for hire. We are considered to be The World‘s and The UK’s Best Household Staffing Agency. Call us on: +442031670925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
House Manager hire and many more staff
Bespoke Bureau specialises in the recruitment of household staff internationally including:
- House manager
- Estate Manager
- Private Chef
House Manager agency – why we are the best and what you can expect
- We provide high calibre staff – professional, multi-functional, discreet and flexible.
- For assistance and advice on all the services we offer, please contact us and we will be delighted to help you.
- We are a leading domestic staff agency in London due to our dedication to providing our clients with dependable, thorough and professional household staff. We have built up an enviable reputation across London and can provide tailored household staff services to suit our clients’ private household staff requirements.
- We only hire experienced domestic staff who can deliver the high standards required from our private employers.
- Our household staff agency will undertake a rigorous domestic staff recruitment process.
- All our domestic staff understand the importance of hard work and discretion
- Are staff are 100% committed to delivering an outstanding household work service on a daily basis.
- As a leading household staff agency, we will work alongside you to ensure that all your needs are met.
Compensation/Salary for a house manager
Typical salary range is £40,000 to £90,000 per annum gross for the UK. The more formal or specialised the duties and the number of household staff employees supervised, the more you will earn. There may be additional benefits such as paid accommodation, a car, private health insurance, clothing allowance and more. This varies a great deal. If you are willing to work overseas, you will often get higher paid roles.
Sara Vestin Rahmani
Bespoke Bureau, Peek-a-boo and Cupcakes
Blackwell House | Guildhall Yard
Bank | London | EC2V 5AE
Bespoke: +44 (0) 2031670925